Vape is life. Anybody who tells you otherwise is either a Fed or trying to sell you something. I was first inspired to vape at a young age. As a kid, I spent many summers with my chain-smoking grandma, Gumby Lynn. We would sit out on the front porch together every afternoon while she smoked her 3 o’clock cigarettes and talked about her ex-lovers. The time I spent with Gumby Lynn inhaling her secondhand smoke were some of the happiest times of my life. Her presence helped me forget how much I was bullied at school for being 4’10”.
Gumby Lynn was the best cook in Saratoga Springs. She made the BEST ribs a boy could munch on. She’d smoke while she was cooking too, so her cigarette ash would ALWAYS end up in the food. I loved it! It gave all her food a nice charred flavor, kind of like sticking a spoonful of volcanic ash in your mouth. Delish!
I love you so much, Gumby Lynn! I vape for you and because of you!! <33 Gumby Lynn is long gone now, and in honor of her memory, I’ve taken her classic Braised Ribs recipe, and put a modern twist on it! The not-too-sweet taste of Peach flavored e-juice adds a juicy, tangy undertone that will complement the savory taste of the meat. Trust me! When the oven dings, you’ll be overtaken by the delicious aroma wafting out. The meat sliding off the bone in the most erotic manner. Ooooh.
8 flanken-style beef short ribs, cut 1 inch thick (5 pounds)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 tablespoon each of chopped parsley, oregano, and rosemary
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 celery rib, finely chopped
7 Peach flavored Juul pods
1 cup beef broth
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Season the ribs with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the herbs.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the bacon and cook over moderate heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a medium nonreactive roasting pan. Working in two batches, add the ribs to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, turning a few times, until richly browned, about 6 minutes per batch. Transfer the ribs to the roasting pan.
- With a syringe, eXtract the vape juice liquid from the 7 Juul pods and set aside juice in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the onion, carrot, and celery to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (about 5 minutes). Add the extracted JUUL juice and beef broth and boil, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Pour the liquid and vegetables over the ribs. Cover and braise in the oven for about 4 hours, turning the ribs once, until the meat is very tender.
- Transfer the ribs to a deep platter. Strain the braising liquid into a medium saucepan. Skim off the fat and boil the sauce over high heat until reduced to 2 cups, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, pour the sauce over the ribs and serve.
Recipe from: https://flavorite.net/braised-short-ribs/